Over Christmas break, I worked really hard on my inner confidence. I worked on being confident in my portion sizes and not weighing them out on a scale, being confident in my body, and being confident in allowing my body to have more food than usual and not become anxious. This was a time of healing. I don’t need to have deep visible lines in my abs in December and January. I need to relax with family and enjoy the laughs and memories I am creating with them. I need to see friends, make important career choices, focus on others. I do not need to be 10% body fat anymore. I don’t need to be the tiniest girl in the gym. I need to love my body and be confident for what it is. I need to continue to work on balance. I am the happiest I have ever been with my relationship with food and it can only continue to get better.
I wanted to touch base on some of my revelations I had over Christmas after focusing less on food and more on family. I am tying in my Thinking Out Loud thoughts as this is totally random and just what I wanted to talk about today at the same time.
1. I have amazing people in my life and I need to cherish the relationships I have and build them stronger.
my boyfriend and I on NYE in Tampa
We went out with my brother and his girlfriend and I loved spending time out with my brother! I hardly ever get to do it since he’s still in school.
2. I survived the Annual Christmas Cookie competition.
My family does a Christmas Cookie competition every year. This year, I wanting to enjoy the experience but I know I always feel like crap after eating a plate full of cookies. My technique this year? Eat 1/2 the cookie. Eat more if I want it. Don’t beat myself up over it. Work out around the Cookie competition so I didn’t go into a sugar coma. And I had to taste 7 cookies!! Which were all amazing by the way. I only got 3rd place and there was some tough competition…
clockwise from the top left: vanilla and chocolate cake pops, creamcheese oreo balls, funfetti oreo cookies, triple chocolate coconut cookies, gingerbread cookie cups with a pumpkin mousse and caramel apple cider sauce, healthy grinch cookies, and my Nutella baklava
3. I really enjoy making beautiful oatmeal creations. You can see even more on my Instagram. Food is beautiful, right?
4. Miami is crazy. I loved the gorgeous weather but just don’t party that hard anymore to enjoy all the nightclubs. Grandma status! I still went to an amazing dinner though and had the BEST Cuban food ever and saw all I wanted to in South Beach. I even picked up some cigars for my Dad and Grandpa.
5. I didn’t wear makeup for about 2 weeks over Christmas break and it was AMAZING. It was so freeing! I know there have been a lot of “Makeup Free” campaigns out there and now I understand. It feels good to feel ‘naturally’ beautiful. I wear makeup daily at my job because I believe it is more professional but I think I am going to continue the make-up free look on the weekends.
Thank you again for stopping by. I love to hear your feedback. See you soon! XOXO