Happy What I Ate Wednesday! Glad we are back again for another round of my daily eats. Thanks so much for your feedback on my “Breaking up with Perfect” post last week. You guys are seriously the best. I would have never thought I would be making an impact on people’s lives. Crazy how the internet works right? It takes guts to be transparent with my eating habits, my mentality around food, and my struggles but I am treating this blog as a progress journal for myself so I am trying to be completely honest.
I made a fun little collage of my eats this week! Let me know what you think.
1. 1/2 cup cream of wheat and 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (ProZero vegan brown rice and pea protein) cooked in water, 1 sliced banana, 2 Tbsp Artisana coconut butter
2. Lightly salted rice cake with 2 tbsp Wild Friends peanut butter that I won from a giveaway! 1 Tbsp Sesame Cranberry peanut butter and 1 Tbsp Honey sunflower seed butter. So good.
3. 1 egg + 3 egg whites scrambled in coconut oil with spinach, broccoli slaw, nutritional yeast, and salsa.
4. Quest bar S’mores flavor cut into 8 pieces and molded into teeny tiny cookies and then microwaved for 16 seconds.
5. Banana with 1 Tbsp Sesame Cranberry peanut butter.
6. 1 egg + 3 egg white omelet, roasted zucchini, mushrooms, and broccoli slaw, mountain of cinnamon roasted kabocha squash.
7. A protein fudge brownie made with 1/2 scoop MTS vanilla whey protein, 2 T Hershey’s cocoa powder, 1/4 cup almond milk, and a sprinkle of baking soda and then cooked in microwave for 30 seconds (thats IT! Don’t overcook!). Topped with Arctic Zero vanilla maple ice cream, Enjoy Life chocolate chips, and natural organic salted peanut butter.
You know what’s funny? I honestly didn’t realize until putting all these pictures into a collage how similar my eats were all day long yesterday. I guess I really like eggs, bananas, and peanut butter?!
Do you find yourself eating out of habit? And eating the same things over and over again? Why do I find comfort in the same foods day after day?
I think I eat this way because I am a creature of habit. I don’t like messing up my routine. I know I am getting in a good amount of nutrients with the amount of fruits and vegetables. I also know I am continuing to increase my metabolism. I know I am not undereating but I am finally fueling my body. I know that I am eating a good mix of macronutrients with protein, carbs, and healthy fats at each meal.
BUT can I challenge myself to eat outside of my comfort zone? In the upcoming weeks I hope to try out some new fruits, cook vegetables in different ways, and not stick to the same foods I love ‘just because’ they are habit and routine. Bananas, eggs, and peanut butter will always be there.