I am not paleo. I honestly do not like meat enough to be paleo but that’s another story. However, I like eggs and almond butter and honey and pumpkin. And these bars have all the above.
These bars are paleo in nature but you can’t tell. The combination of salty roasted almond butter, sweet honey, pumpkin pie spices and the coconut butter frosting takes these to another planet. No one will know or even assume these are “paleo”, let alone healthy.
These are super easy because the ingredient list is short and you probably have most of these in your kitchen already. I whipped these up for a “healthy” work potluck I had last week and EVERY single person asked me for the recipe. That’s a pretty good statistic no? These take 20 minutes in the oven and only use 1 bowl as well. Ok, enough talking, make these tonight!
1/2 cup Trader Joe’s salted almond butter
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 T coconut butter
1 T coconut oil
1 T honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350 and grease an 8×8 pan with coconut oil.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
3. Pour into greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until set in the middle and golden brown on edges.
4. Combine ‘frosting’ ingredients.
5. Let the bars completely cool and then drizzle with cinnamon coconut butter frosting.